Thursday, July 16, 2009

Blueberries!

Goodness, if time always flew by like it does in the summer, I think I'd be 50 in about three months...

I know, that made lots of sense.


Look at what I have! Num, num, num...
Blueberry pancakes for supper it will be!


That's not just his shirt, I think this boy turned blue for real from all the berries he ate...

The patch is outdoing itself! This cooler weather and rain have made tons of plump, juicy, bursting with flavor berries. Ooh, the deliciousness of it all.

And did I mention today is absolutely perfect for berry picking?

7 comments:

Krista said...

Oh, such a cute picture of him- love his eyes!

juliana said...

yum! my favorite berry by far. I hope our year in the u.p. is just as productive...our season must be a bit later than yours.

Ev said...

The "blueberries" here in Alaska are also ripe. But they are tart and they grow on tall bushes more like trees and they grow singly, not in clumps. And they call them blueberries. They ARE blue... I picked a bunch but it just wasn't the same because I didn't want to keep eating handfuls and handfuls.

Anna said...

Krista-I know, aren't they huge in that pic?
Juli-Other years ours have been ripe as early as St. John's time, but this year has been cool...
Ev-Funny how they have the same name. My aunt in WA had a similar comment about a berry they have. These berries are so incredibly sweet, I think the best we've had off our land!

Megan said...

Totally jealous that your picking berries already! Ours won't be ready for a few more weeks, I can't wait. I am a slow picker, but I LOVE picking blueberries.

joan j said...

What the heck?! Why do you get all the good things in life? Rhubarb, fresh blueberries...argh...jealous.

Ev said...

I made a blueberry pie today with the "blueberries" I picked.... plan on bringing it to "church" this evening. Hopefully it tastes all right.