Monday, August 23, 2010

One week already...

We're settleing into our new normal around here. So far, Howie has been the most content babe I've had. He sleeps like a champ, (I just jinxed myself...) which has made this past week much easier and really a lot of fun. Rest tends to do that.

The older kids are adjusting quite well...other than the fact that they seem to bounce off the walls quite a bit higher than they used to. Today I stopped multiple games of slide-off-the-washer-onto-the-clothes-pile-climb-back-up-and-do-it-again and other variations of the same. Broken legs are something we don't really need...

Here's a few pictures from the last week and some tidbits I've been meaning to get down...

Elsa and Howie, the evening we came home. Howie was sound asleep, but Elsa was "holdin' the blankie back so he can see, Mom. He couldn't see nutin'"

They're both incredibly proud and doting to the little guy. At the hospital, they barely let their Grammie and Grampie have a turn... "is it five minutes yet?" and "I get to hold him next!" They also got to pick out some new toys to bring with. He immediately had rattles on his wrists and dolls to cuddle with.

Chillin' with his big sibs.

The questions those two come up with are humorous. "Are you milkin' Howie Mom?" and "I don't like that bellybutton." when they saw his umbilical cord.

Today-one week old.

When Oliver and Elsa were leaving with their grandparents before I left for the hospital, Elsa was giving me a hug and said "He can be a girl Mom. He can be a girl."

Sorry my dear. We've got ourselves a keeper of a boy here.

I'm pretty sure she'd agree these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah cuteness! Congrats again. Your monkeys are a funny bunch. Can't wait to meet Howie!!
-Katrina