Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Struggling.

I'm struggling to find some Christmas spirit around here this year. Which is odd, I'm one who usually loves the Holidays. This year, however, I just can't seem to get fully in to it. There's a few reasons for it;
I have to work, this evening, then Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It simply doesn't work to plan any of our family gatherings for any other evenings, so I'll only get to attend each one for a few hours. That stinks. People shouldn't be aloud to get sick on Christmas...(I'm sure the sick people would agree!)
Only one of my siblings is coming home. On the one hand, at least I won't be missing out on them, but one the other, it's just...odd.
I spent all of last week sick with my gallbladder. That kind of put the zap on my get-prepared-for-Christmas spirit.
And, like they say, when it rains, it pours. And floods... between replacing the tranny on my jeep, then getting the call that "it still won't shift over 55mph" and Eric shearing off the arbor in his sawmill last week and multiple other smaller things breaking and happening, the checkbook just keeps on shrinking. Ouch.
All together,despite my efforts, I'm just feeling the Scrooge in Christmas. Really, I'd rather be more cheerful.

So in an attempt to show some spirit:

I got a heck of a deal on cards: 80 for $3.93-including shipping! Maybe they'll show up in the mail today..

Merry Christmas everyone!

4 comments:

spi said...

This is the first year I haven't been home for Christmas and it will be weird. Though I guess eventually that will become the norm, growing up is weird!

You will be glad to know that your vehicle isn't the only one being annoying, Jess' truck keeps on acting up as well.

Anonymous said...

Remember the real meaning of Christmas, and I'm sure the rest of the "Christmas spirit" will come. It does suck when everything happens like that tho. Thinking of you and sending many Merry Christmas' your way!

Jan said...

ah yes. Those people who have to be in the hospital over the holidays will surely be glad you are there to take care of them.

Focus on your children. They are so precious, and they don't care what the checkbook says. They will be making Christmas bright for both your family and Eric's, I am suspecting.

I am sending you positive vibes!

Anonymous said...

Bah Humbug! on your lack of Christmas Spirit. I agree with Steve that growing up is weird. O, well, maybe I'll just decide not to.
Love & GP and MERRY CHRISTMAS
Trina