Monday, February 28, 2011

"I just have a big ol' smile on my face"

...said a bleary eyed Oliver upon waking on his fifth birthday.


And he did. A BIG ol' smile.

The smile continued all weekend, as we enjoyed days full of visiting, partying, saunaing, game playing and more visiting. My sibilings and I see each other infrequently, and I must say, I soaked up the time together.

My only complaint? It went by much to fast.

This morning I'm getting back into the swing of life...slowly, relaxing with coffee, snuggling my baby and reading my grinning five-year-old a book. The daughter is still sleeping...she must have partied hard this weekend.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Happy Birthday Oliver! big smiles are so good : )

spi said...

That was a pretty big smile and a very enjoyable weekend.

joan j said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVER!!! Grant is thrilled that you are 5! :) Your weekend sounded fun, so glad for you