Tuesday, August 25, 2009

On a roll...

I love days like this. So far this morning:
Three loads of laundry on the line.


Picked a bucket of chokecherries


Cleaned them


Juiced them.


Picked potatoes
Cucumbers
Summer squash
Beets
Onions
Parsley
and made them into a delicious lunch, along with steak. I tend to make a large lunch on days when Eric has to work the evening. That way, we still get to eat a real meal together. Plus he doesn't have to find as much to eat for supper!

Making meals is a pleasure right now. There is an abundance of healthy produce in the garden, and it's all so delicious. When every single thing we had came from within 10 miles of us, I'd say a it doesn't get much better than that!

So far, we've had a productive day. This afternoon I hope to finish making jelly and syrup, as well as some laundry and house work.

Here's to those days when you just get things done!

Now if all days could go so well...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

WoW! That does sound like a productive day. Wish I could say the same!

Cheryl said...

Impressive!

Pietila Family said...

Isn't it awesome to go out and get supper from the garden?! I took it for granted when I was young. It was simply normal for us. Now I really appreciate fresh, local food.