Thursday, October 15, 2009

A few randoms

Sitting as far away from the candles as her chair would allow...she wouldn't blow them out.
  • There's a blanket of snow covering the ground. I must admit it is beautiful.
  • But still. Much to early.
  • Our chickens are laying eggs these days. Yay!
  • We weren't sure if they were all laying in the coop. I thought we should be getting more than we were.
  • Turns out, it wasn't the chickens-they were doing as directed.
  • Caught red handed (or is it red pawed?): Sam. Dadgum dog. (at least he'll have a luscious coat, eggs are good for that.)
  • We've also discovered that we have another rooster. All of a sudden, a third 'chicken' was crowing. Humph.

  • My brother Carl has been here from GA. He's achieved rock star status with my kids. Especially with Oliver. That Unc is just plain cool.
  • Need a good way to make yourself look gray haired for Halloween? My kids have discovered the solution: Gold Bond Foot Powder. That stuff covers very well and doesn't come out.
  • I'm headed out tomorrow morning for a R. ladies weekend. Wahoo! We're off to an awesome looking vacation rental house by Red Wing. Should be a wonderful time.
  • Here's hoping the weather shapes up for us!
  • Now, I better be off to accomplish the list of things before I can leave: make soup to bring for tomorrow supper, make supper for today, buy a birthday present, stop at the library, do laundry, fill out a job application, pack...best get on with the day!

4 comments:

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

Oh man, that last picture is the best! Made me laugh. :)

Have a fun weekend!

~ Jennifer

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

I've been meaning to comment all day-- but didn't dare take too much of my break time commenting on blogs :) That picture of Else convered in powder just makes me WEEK. So cute. Love your writing style. Have you thought about being a humor columnist? :) Hugs from AK. We got to hang out with your sis and hubby tonight . . . hehe.

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

I meant Elsa and my week, not me week . . . better take typing class again.

Karen said...

I love that last picture too!