Wednesday, January 13, 2010

You slacker! He says.

Eric's right. That's me. Blogging slacker...been uninspired lately(or possibly, lazy.)

  • The weather finally warmed a bit, and we've actually been able to go outside for more than minutes the last few days. Yesterday the kids rode in the sled and we made a large loop through our 40 acres. Good fun, and a workout for mom.
  • The chickens are even venturing outside the coop, also kicking in and laying a few more eggs.
  • Despite the relative warmth, the walls are still closing in on us. The walls are much to close in this house, as it feels as if the kids can bounce from wall to wall...
  • I made it out of the house last night to play hockey with a group of ladies. Quite a workout for these legs, considering they haven't skated since I've been married. Only one bruised cheek from a classic wipe out:)
  • I read a great book last weekend. (Didn't do much else...) Day After Night, by Anita Diamant. Historical fiction based on the true story of Jews immigrating to Israel after WWII. They were stopped by the British and placed in a camp much like concentration camps...very good read.
  • Oliver has spent all day helping his dad outside. His day just isn't complete if he doesn't get to 'work with dad.' Elsa and I have been enjoying some time alone...FYI playing playdoh is rather therapeutic.
  • Interesting fact: A truck part that is $33 here costs $100 in Sitka AK. Someone is enjoying quite the markup, I'd say (This thing is little and plastic, no way it costs that much to ship some up there.) So, we'll be mailing the part to K&R...
  • Another funny thing: Last weekend when the whole continental US was in a freeze, Sitka AK was one of the warmest places in the country, enjoying weather in the 40's. Really throws people off when they hear that. Sitka is actually has a much more mild winter that we do here, rarely getting below the 20s.
  • And one 'small world': A lady I worked with for a day at my new job is a traveling nurse who worked here in the past, and was back for a month or so and picking up shifts...where do you think she is currently living and working? Sitka. And she works at the same hospital as you, Jen! (Her name is Anita, and I believe she's an ICU nurse there...)
Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Oh, wow, the irony! Yes, Sitka has been a consistent balmy 41 degrees or so with lots of rain. We were having winter weather, but not this week.

I know I've met Anita! I remember her telling me she's from DL. We had staff orientation together; I know we did!
Hilarious. Tell her hi!

Anonymous said...

Bout time! I was wondering were you went.

We'll be looking forward to our package. Hopefully it freezes here soon so we can play some hockey. Another good war time fiction: "Gone With The Wind". I'm in the middle right now, you might have beat me to it though.

-Katrina

Anna said...

Jen, I think she's back up there working with you now. I met her on one of her last days here.

Katrina, your package is still missing the holster...I'll round it up by this weekend:) Gone with the wind..yup, beat you to it.It's good though, isn't it? I have the 'sequel' (written by a different author) but couldn't get into it when I tried...