Monday, November 24, 2008

Our New Arrivals

Blender. Marie Claire. Entrepreneur. Maxim. Men's World. Ebony (2 issues). Not the list of magazines you'd expect to find at our house, is it? I never would have thought so either. But, there they sit, along with a few others. Weird. The even weirder part? We didn't order them, buy them, or ask for them in any way. They just showed up. Actually, they showed up at Eric's ma and dad's over the last week, addressed to Eric, at his parent's PO box.

Mysterious, and kind of disturbing. Seeking the answer to this mystery, I called a couple of the magazine's 'subscription offices' and asked why we they were gracing us with their unsolicited presence. These kind people didn't know, but said that a clearing house was in their database as the one that signed us up. 'Sometimes they do this to promote a magazine...you shouldn't be getting billed.' My thought? Um, GOOD! Then, saying they would kindly cancel the subscription if we didn't care to receive it, (and sounding sort of disappointed that I wasn't ecstatic about getting their magazine for free) they gave me 800 numbers to those other places...one that didn't work at all, and the other that made me into a piece of voice mail. So, the answer still lurks out there somewhere. Hmm....so, so, strange.

My only real question: Why couldn't at least one be something good??

But...don't look a freebie-gift-horse in the mouth, I guess.

If you're looking for me, I'll just be increasing my punk rock, black culture, how-to-look-like-a-model, entrepreneurial knowledge.

*hmm...Men's World...does it give clues to the way a guy thinks?? Maybe this one could be useful...:)*

No comments: