Sunday, November 16, 2008

Here comes Winter...ready or not!

It's snowing out. Yikes. I'm just not quite mentally ready for winter to arrive. I've done things in preparation...picking up the yard toys, putting the storm windows in (still waiting for the plastic...), even went and bought some sorely needed new snow boots from L&M. (I thought they were a pretty good deal, as long as they live up to the claim of 'rated to -50'...but of course, I opened L&M's ad this weekend, and whatdyaknow, they're on sale for $6 cheaper. Humpf.) But...WHERE did fall go???

Speaking of the L&M trip, it was a rather spontaneous COMPLETE family outing the other night. I say complete, because it seems so rare that Eric and I are actually in the car together, headed in one direction. This was a nice change. Anyhow, Thursday night rolled around, and being as this is my weekend to work, I was in need of lunch-type foods. (I work every other weekend-Fri afternoon, then 7-7 Sat-Monday, hence the need for quite a few choices..) So, off to PR we went. It was shaping up to be your typical trip to L&M and J&B, until we arrived. We walked though the door of L&M Fleet, and there in all their shining, perfectly-eye-catching, yellow and green glory were three junior sized John Deere tractors. Oliver's jaw actually dropped. Out came a 'Ooohhhh....tractors..a loader!' Said with all the enthusiasm of a two and a half year old in his absolute glory. So, after sufficiently (I thought...he didn't agree) checking them out, we continued through the store in search of the above mentioned boots, mittens for the kids-where have all the mittens gone??-and a few electrical pieces for the sawmill. It wasn't a quiet ride...'But I NEED one.' and 'No...I don't need gloves..I need a tractor maybe.' I didn't mind. It was pretty cute actually, the lengths he was going to to convince us he couldn't leave without a tractor. Such sincerity has never before crossed his face. Now Oliver has his wish list for 'Mit-mas': a big shiny, eye-catching, green and yellow pedal tractor...with a loader, of course.

Ahh, well. The snow is kinda pretty. Hello, winter.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Welcome! looking forward to frequent updates!

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

Hey! I'm so glad you joined us bloggers! That's awesome.

I'm loving the snow. Last year was the first year, ever, that I absolutely loved winter. I'm looking forward to it!

joan j said...

IKERS?! This is sweet, since we never can talk on the phone. :) You need to post some photos of your children so mine know whose on the 'puter. It'll be fun keep in touch this way; keep us posted! :) See you next week, maybe.

Long live the John Deeres....:)

Anna said...

Hey guys-thanks for checking me out!!:)I think this could be kinda fun...

Joan-Give me a call!!