Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's all fun and games...

Until somebody gets hurt.

Isn't that what our mom's always told us? I guess that must be one of those things I'm supposed to do now that I'm the mom. Oops.

Not to worry, it's nothing that drastic. Just last night we were all going a little crazy, playing hide-n-seek, and I was chasing Oliver. He slipped and fell into a kitchen chair, ending up with a fat cheek. Why must those face boo-boos bleed so much?? Well. That was the end of that. This morning Oliver required oatmeal...the cold cereal he tried first made him cry. Yup, guess I'm supposed say stop...but where's the fun in that?

While I was hiding I made a discovery. Another reason we need a bigger house: there aren't many places to hide. It's all well and fine right now; hide-n-seek with these two isn't really to intense..it requires a lot of whistling. But give 'em a few years.... Yep, we need a new house.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your house is huge!! What do you mean a bigger house?

Anonymous said...

hey - if you can fit two kids, your bed, kitchen table and still walk from one end to the other, your house still "fits." but it would be nice to get a bigger one, now won't it!

Anna said...

You know, I keep telling myself that someday I'll look back at these days of tin ghetto life and chuckle, thinking 'those were the days...'

And, boy, I can't wait till I'm thinking back on 'em from within walls that are more than 2 inches thick.