Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wonderful, wonderful weekend




Although I must admit it leaves me a little sad. My little sister is officially married and on her way to live in Alaska. I'll miss her~a lot.

Anyhow, I was telling Eric on Sunday night that I think I could recount hour for hour what I've been doing since Wednesday last week. It was that busy. But it was just good-busy, not crazy, run my tail off busy.


Wednesday was shopping for some final wedding items (see that outfit Oliver's wearing? $6, new! Can't beat that) then my friend Jen came in the evening to take pictures of my kids. Thursday brought cleaning at home, other errands, then Katrina's bachlorette party that night.


It was track star themed, in honor of Katrina finishing a marathon just the other week. We made the girls do a very entertaining relay race-pictured above. A four o'clock bedtime meant the 8 am wake up call felt kind of early.

Friday brought preparing the church and the food, rehearsal, groom's dinner and coffee at my house.

Saturday was the big day, of course. I didn't have a chance to get many pictures myself, and I'm sharing the best of the few I did get. I stole a few from my cousin Amanda, and might find more as time goes by...


The bridal party.


My Family



It was a fun family and friend filled weekend.

7 comments:

Lois said...

oh you are NASTY! please take that down.

Anna said...

Oh,fine. Party pooper.

joan j said...

wait! what did i miss? i wanna see!

Anonymous said...

Fun pix! But seems as though one is missing?! LOL! Always seems to be "those" kind after a FUN weekend!

-Amy Isaacson

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Aww- what a fun time!! Now I am here in AK, waiting for your little sister to arrive! hehe.
We will be in touch soon . . .

Anna said...

Joan-you'll have to come over to see...it's a treasure. (remember Loie's cute outfit Saturday morning?)

Amy-Those are the ones that make you laugh, aren't they?

Jen-Lucky! Guess at least you'll get to enjoy having them around...make sure they let you use the kayak!!

joan j said...

Aha--I get it! :) Blackmail for sure! I'm actually going to be home this summer (1st on since we've built our house! Yikes!) so I don't know when I'll make it to see the picture....maybe you should take a trip this way, hmm? ;)