Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Whirlywind

It's been one of those.

In no particular order:

  • Working way more than I would like to right now.
  • Elsa was sick over the weekend...5 days of not eating, throwing up, diarrhea, temp, sleepsleepsleep, and just sitting around looking miserable. Poor thing. My guess is H1N1...
  • A warmer November than October. Its a good-very good-thing.
  • Our chickens are laying eggs like mad. The last three days: 5, 7, 8. We have 10 hens. Eggs, eggs, eggs. We love eggs.
  • Some wonderful friends came over last night. Good times. Helped my problem mentioned on Facebook the other day: "Egads! Between my work-which is very solitary-and having a sick kid keeping me home from church (and a wedding), I'm in desperate need of social interaction!!!" Thanks Joan:)
  • Raked leaves and hauled them to the garden on a tarp. The kids got to ride on the tarp while I was dragging it...talk about a good workout!
  • Ate a watermelon yesterday. Have you ever had watermelon in Nov? Last one from the garden. I miss the garden. I really, really miss the garden. But I do love the un-yons (Elsa speak), peppers, squash, pumpkins, potatoes, green beans and carrots that are hanging out waiting to be devoured.
  • Packed those carrots in sawdust...we'll see how many months they last.
  • I have an interview tomorrow...and butterflies like mad today. I want this job. Wish me luck. Keep your fingers crossed. Say a prayer. What ever it takes. I want this job.

And a story.

You know how stores have music playing, but most of the time you can only sort of hear the background music and singers, not the actual song?

Well, the other day, the kids were listening to tapes. I found a basket full of kids tapes at a garage sale; Cinderella, Snow White, Rumpelstiltskin, and one treasure: a karaoke tape of songs from my youth, the wonderful and talented Backstreet Boys. Yay.

Elsa loves it. My dear, sweet little two year old has fallen for a boy band. She puts it on and sits in front of the tape player and listens to this horrible background music: ladedada, Let me shooow yooouu a piece of my heaaaarrrt.

So the other day, she put it going and Oliver pipes up, "It sounds just like at J&B Foods!!"

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

where do u have an interview at?

Anonymous said...

sorry i was gonna add my name
angie

Anna said...

DL hospital. We'll see what happens!

Anonymous said...

Like the new look! Good Luck!
Jess

Ev said...

Grrreat story about the tapes! Elsa will be singing those songs for years to come. You better watch out! Good luck with the interview. I send positive vibes in your general direction!

Pietila Family said...

Hi Anna! Good luck on the interview!! Enjoy the rest of your fall weather. It's snowing here. : ) Trisha

Anonymous said...

My hair is braided. Good Luck! We leave in three weeks! And awesome Elsa story.
-Katrina

Anonymous said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
I really like your blog X

Cheryl said...

Good luck with the interview...and with the boy band!

Sarah said...

I hope the interview went well!!!

joan j said...

So....any luck? I hope so! Thank goodness we weren't there long enough for the singing to start!
P.S. No problem. (breath, rub,rub) :)