Thursday, March 11, 2010

Satisfied

Yesterday we failed to find the MIA library books. Thank goodness there was Bible class to distract the monkeys. Because today, while I was still in bed I heard "Can we go to the library?"

My "after lunch" held them off for a while.

Then lunch came. And I said after nap/quiet time. Then, seeing there was no getting out of this one, I got busy looking for the books. Flashlight and helper in tow, we searched the house, under, around and behind.

Know where they turned up? In the laundry basket between loads of laundry. Maybe that's a sign I should get that laundry folded.

Elsa woke up from her nap, and still blinking the grogginess out of her eyes, asked "Can we go to the library?" She could hardly believe it when I actually said yes.

Boy, were they clicking their heels as we headed out the door. They were excited to go pick out new books. And you know what? I like that. It makes me not even mind- so much- the two day search.

1 comment:

spi said...

That is so funny! I am glad the chillins are growing up loving the library. Gotta keep that reading gene strong in the family.