Friday, July 30, 2010

Fair Time!

The kids and I are going camping Sunday through Tuesday with a group of ladies/kids, and they are more than a little excited. When they were picking up the living room this evening, every.single.toy. they picked up was "one I'm gonna take along camping" and the stray clothes all had to be put in a pile "so I can take it camping."

I was just starting to wonder how we were going to pass the evening while keeping my sanity, when my mother-in-law called saying she had come upon 40 free tickets for the rides at the county fair. Talk about great timing.

I jumped at the chance, gave Joan a call, washed some faces, changed a shirt or two and off we went. All of a sudden I didn't even have to find something for supper. Cheeseburgers to support the local 4-H clubs it was.

$90 worth of free tickets had these boys...

And this girl...

...grinning from ear to ear.

They dashed from one ride to the next, living it up...(it'll be a shock next time when there's a limit of one or two rides. Total. Rather than one or two times on every ride...)


This girl, on the other hand, preferred to watch most of the rides. The boys would be half way through, and she'd say "I wanna go on it now." (Can't blame a girl for wanting to send in the troops to check the things out, can you?) She did make it down the giant slide a couple times and through the twirly bear one that we could all go in together.

What she really loved... (here, the sheep had just licked her on the nose.)

was the animals

...of all kinds.

What a good way to spend the night. Completely spur of the moment, and lots of fun was had.


That, my friends, is the way to live life.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love the pictures! Looks like they had a blast, it would have been fun to join you guys!

Anonymous said...

As if. I think Oliver has been on more rides at the fair then I have total, ever. Looks like fun :)

joan j said...

I love these pictures! Such huge grins for all of them. :) Thanks for inviting us!