Thursday, September 9, 2010

They got the boot...


You may remember the arrival of these a few weeks ago...cute, fuzzy, itty-bitty little kittens.


Itty and bitty are quickly becoming larger and more adventurous...looking outside the box they've been living in to the great world of the porch.

So yesterday morning, Elsa and I moved them outside. They were utterly terrified to begin with.

We set up a house of sorts, with their familiar cardboard box, a rubbermaid tote and a piece of plywood. Cat-house thrifty style. (Aren't those kittens cute? You know you want one!)


And they quickly became curious about the bright world and *gasp* dog outside. Because we've kept them in their box until now, it was quite hilarious to watch them trying to coordinate their legs and bodies to run in a larger space. Imagine a drunk kitten.

Mama cat, Thelma was less impressed with the move. Her and Rena (the dog) are at odds, and she prowled the house mewing for a few hours before I shoved her in the box and blocked the doorway. She seemed to get the picture, as they're all cuddled up together, in the box, this morning!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I kinda do want one. We will have to see about getting rid of the dog first tho... Wanna trade?
-Ruthann

Anonymous said...

O. I forgot to ask- male or female?
-Ruthann

Anna said...

Hmm...what kind and what age of dog, and is it calm, quiet and collected? Or hyper...?

No clue on the sex of the kittens, I haven't even tried to tell, and not sure if I'd know if I did...I'll get back to you on that:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, their soo cute! I'm sure even more so in action when they are waggling around :)
-Trina