Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Back to 'normal'

Well, the tree is down, the decorations put away. Christmas is over for another year. Whew. It was a wonderful season, I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it, and am sad to see it go. However, not so sad to enjoy the first peaceful-stay-at-home-day in the last two weeks.

Oliver has loved having the decor up, and his face fell and he said "No! Put it back!" when he realized that I was taking it down...for a minute.

Next minute, he was fully engaged in helping saw it down.

The chainsaw was the present I was excited to find a while back-and so far, I was right. He loves it, and has been busy. He's only been disappointed that he can't actually take it outside to help dad make firewood.



The days leading up to Christmas were busy, but fun. My brothers all made it home, so they were filled with visiting, baking, and more visiting.
















Elsa's favorite Christmas gift was this stuffed kitty. She loves hauling it aroun. She was funny opening presents. Unlike Oliver at her age, who loved pulling the paper off the gifts, she would hide her face and say 'don't' and 'stop!' while we ripped it off, then get all excited about the present.






Oliver emptying his stocking-not sure I mentioned this, but I took up 'knitting' a while ago and made this and one other stocking (I call it 'knitting,' because I used a Knifty Knitter, a loom that is extremely simple and requires no talent.) However, they turned out quite well!




As I finish this post many hours after starting it, I'll revise: I sort of enjoyed an exhausting, bounce off the walls, hair pulling out day at home. But I WILL enjoy the peaceful hours coming now that it's bed time.

No comments: