Friday, December 19, 2008

One marble at a time.

I'm loosing it.

The calm, relaxed, enjoying the holiday season feeling of a few weeks ago? It's gone. This week has completely done me in.

What had been a very regular-you-can-plan-on-not-changing-schedule for work all of a sudden became, let me see-the best way to put it, is AAAAHHHGG! I ended up with a new client as of this week, and the shifts were nights; also I'm doing two weekends in a row (this was NOT something I agreed too..) Add to that being stranded for a few days in the snow, a previously planned bring-mom-to-the-dr./shopping trip, (which worked out well for all; but before hand, I was starting to feel a little anxious at hardly having any shopping done..or cards, which I also picked up.) Multiply all that by the fact that I didn't get to make it to the ladies Christmas party (always a rejuvenating experience) and will not be at the program on Sunday (also due to work), and, oh yeah-the fact that they've got me Christmas Eve and the day after, and I'm starting to feel like my chance to enjoy all the parts of Christmas have been snatched away!

On the plus side, my shopping is done, and so are those cards I just picked up yesterday! There was one good thing about working last night.

Then there's also part of me wondering if it pays to decorate that empty tree that showed up in my living room today, since I don't think I'll be home much...but, I don't think I could go without a tree, so I will, Tonight.

My ultimate question is, who decided to gang up and completely change my nice, lesiurly schedule THE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS?? Someone out there is watching my last few marbles roll across the floor. Hope they're enjoying it.

Oh, yeah, they're enjoying it. I just heard forecast of another blizzard coming our way this weekend. If I get stranded again...


In spite of it all-MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

Jan said...

hang in there!
I think the holidays are always stressful for me- could it be that it is the season of shortest days, coldest days, bad weather, lots of sickness, plus lots of stuff to do?