Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snowed in....?

So, here I am. At work. At work, 1 1/2 hours from home. Until 7pm. And its snowing and blowing. And supposed to keep on snowing and blowing. Hm, I wonder what the roads will be like then? Wonderful I'm sure. Well, good thing for the Jeep and four wheel drive! (and hopefully unneeded boots and long johns and shovels and sleeping bags...I came prepared.)


I stayed in DL last night in order to make it to work this morning. I spent the evening doing some Christmas shopping (finally!), and I must say, I'm quite pleased with my success. I love it when I find a few things that I'm sure are 'just the ticket' rather than just okay. Not that Oliver and Elsa are old enough to really care, but I think these are actually gonna get played with for a while! The other things for other people are pretty decent as well. :)


The place I stayed at looked a little 'sketchy' from the outside, but I figured that was a sign of hopefully low prices. It wasn't too bad- (she gave me the 'trucker and stranded nurse rate', heh). Figure what I would have spent on gas, (and stressful driving) well worth it. Anyhow, I was pleasently surprised-the rooms weren't bad, and I even had two whole beds to myself. I contemplated getting up half way through the night and switching, just to get my money's worth.


I didn't.


Anyone at home read this before 7 tonight, let me know what the weather's like there! Thanks.

2 comments:

Ev said...

Weather's terrible here in D-town. I'm supposed to drive back to the U.P. today, but will probably wait until tomorrow, and even then I'm not so sure because the snow advisory stays in effect until 7 pm over there. Drive safe.

Pete/Heidi said...

Hope the roads have cleared...