Monday, June 15, 2009

Gone Fishin'

Fishin' has been a favorite pastime of these two all spring. Never mind if there's no water, they'll fish in the dirt, the trees, whatever is handy.



So yesterday, when Eric and Papa were headed out fishing in the boat, this boy jumped right in. Unsuspecting fisherboy that he is, he couldn't believe it when they actually caught a fish.

The story went something like this:
"What is that?"
"A fish"
"But what IS that?"
"It's a fish, Oliver, that's what we're fishing for."
Thinks a bit.

And the light bulb moment.
"Oooooohhhhhh! A fish!!"

And here he thought you just threw that bobber out there for fun. Who would of thunk it had a purpose? That's him with the sunny he 'caught.' Meaning he reeled it in. I'm wondering just how long we'll get away with not putting a hook on his line...


And Elsa thought, "Hey, cool, a 'pish!' No way am I gonna hold that wiggly thing!"


Guess what we're having for lunch today?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats hilarious! I can totally hear the conversation and see the light bulb moment. Enjoy your lunch. We'll be having the something similar for our supper.

Anonymous said...

Oopps... I forgot to leave my name...
-Katrina

Megan said...

haha! Awesome! What an added bonus to actually catch a fish when he apparently had no expectations of doing so!

joan j said...

that's cute! Can we make a pishin' date sometime when I'm there? Grandpa put a hook on Grant's line (yikes!) so he's pretty serious about fishing.

Anna said...

Megan-I can't imagine what I'd be thinking if that were me- wouldn't it be a shocker??

Joan-hmm, not sure I want Grant's influence on Oliver with the hook thing...
Kidding! Of course, just let me know when you're up:)