Friday, June 19, 2009

Potpourri

I've got nothing, so here's a little of everything!
  • It's been a rainy week. Full of 5-pair-of-pants-per-kid-days. That keeps the laundry amoeba well fed.
  • And makes me glad I make my own laundry soap. It's cheap! (thanks, Jan for the recipe.)
  • Last week, my FIL had a 1000 lb radiator dropped upon his foot at work. It's broke. In 5 places.
  • So last night, Oliver and I made him an apple pie.
  • They say over-working pastry is bad for it, that it makes it tough. Does separating it into "one, two, tree...seven, nine" pieces, then losing those pieces in the flour count?
  • No matter, the pie was well enjoyed and brought smiles to his face!
  • Our garden is progressing! We now have 240 feet of pea plants, 240 feet of beans...
  • And the fence is 1/3 of the way done...now if only the deer don't find the goods before it's finished.
  • I stopped by my Gma-I-L's to get some rhubarb today. And came home with every.single.stock.in.the.bush. That's just the way she operates.
  • We'll be eating lots of rhubarb.
  • Oliver told me the other day "mom, my legs were talking to me." when he woke up from his nap. When I asked what they said, he replied, "I don't know." and went on his merry way. hoooboy.
  • I'm currently at work. A night shift they didn't ask me about. And one they didn't tell the client about. What would you do if arrive at work at 11 o'clock at night on that unwanted night shift and the house you're expecting to welcome you with open arms and big smiles cuz they're gonna get a good night sleep while you take care of their little boy is dark, completely dark?
  • I almost turned around and ran for the hills, right back to bed. But I didn't. And the mom was happy to see me...once she decided I wasn't a burglar.
Sweet dreams, all you lucky, sleeping people out there!

4 comments:

joan j said...

Ouch! How's the FIL doing? Poor guy. You are the source of my jealousy at the moment. I want rhubarb! Make a rhubarb sauce with it and put it on ice cream or eat it with homemade bread. Yum! Or make strawberry rhubarb pie or rhubarb swirl cheesecake or rhubarb muffins or rhubarb cake. Or just freeze it. :)

joan j said...

BTW, deal on the pishin'.

Anonymous said...

ouch, as well! shamunga!
i envy the rhubarb....i love to make villia(sp?) and straw-rhub pie.oh you lucky woman!
~ann b.

Megan said...

rhubarbb torte is awesome too! I am envious of your rhubarb supply! :)