Thursday, December 10, 2009

And December is zipping along...

leaving me in it's wake wondering where the time is going.



Last weekend was Amanda R. and Gordon H.'s wedding; very beautiful. My sister and her hubby are now here from AK and will be through Christmas. (Russ and Gordon are brothers, married to first cousins who grew up together:) So they were both involved in the wedding.)

Today I have to somehow make the kids room spacious enough to fit in a set of bunk beds. My in-laws decided the kids needed bunk beds. They're the type that decide something like that, then go buy what they want (unlike me, who would look at garage sales and thrift stores for years before buying new...). I'm a little on the fence about fitting such large beds for small children in a tiny room (Really, they could share one twin bed...) but who am I to turn down new beds? They'll be great when we have a new house and maybe more kids...

Tomorrow I'm headed Christmas shopping. So far my stash consists of a pack of gum for each kid's stocking (they had a 3 pack for 99 cents yesterday at the grocery. Can't beat that! Especially when they love gum so much.) I did order one gift online yesterday, but hope to find most of the rest tomorrow. I have a pretty comprehensive list of the gifts I need and where I should be able to find them, so hopefully all will go well! It should be fun, Katrina, our mom and I are going together.

Saturday we'll make it feel like Christmas and put up a tree. That's the plan anyhow...

Stay warm!

No comments: