Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy Birthday!



First of all: Happy Birthday to my hubby! You're gettin old!:) Love you!

I've been a slacking blogger. Mostly, I've just been catching up on family time after working extra hours over the last weeks. The weekend was a goodie, with a quiet family meal with the in-laws for Thanksgiving. (I say quiet, because there are 8 adults and our two kids in the usual family gathering there. Compare that to the 50 or 60 plus with the R. side of my family, and it's quiet.)

Friday was a relaxing one at home, then a warm sauna at my ma and pa's. Eric worked all weekend.

Saturday the kids, their Nanna and I ran to the cities for a cousin's wedding.

Oliver was very concerned Saturday morning when we were getting ready to leave.

"Mom, I want you to wear a skirt, not a dress." and "Mom, my baby (his baby has lots of opinions) doesn't like big ol' poofy dresses. You should wear a skirt." and on and on. I wasn't sure what he was getting at, but I kept assuring him that yes, I would wear a skirt. (Eric said, "Great, I don't even know the difference between a skirt and dress, but Oliver does...")

Turns out he didn't want us to be in the wedding. The next questions were "Mom, are you gettin' married?" then "Nanna, are you gettin' married?" He was happy to hear us say no, that we were already married, but wasn't fully convinced until after the wedding when he said "You didn't get married!!" with a big, relieved smile.

Maybe the poor kid will be able to relax and enjoy the next cousin's wedding this weekend!

Life is busy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, thats a cute picture of you hubby and girl.

Oliver's just too funny.
-Katrina

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I forgot to say, happy b-day to Eric!
-KH

Anna said...

It's on your wedding day, after Elsa had checked out with an ear infection. Shortly after this picture she knocked out for a many hour nap.

joan j said...

-that's a cute picture of your hubby and child.
-Happy Birhtday E!
-Bwahaaa! Oliver is great
-Eric, a skirt prolly shows a little more leg (ahem, Anna pull through for me here) ;)
-if she doesn't; take lessons from Oliver

Jan said...

Handsome hubby!