Monday, December 28, 2009

Peace on Earth

Ahh.
The week of Christmas was filled with much hustle and bustle around here, but at this moment, I'm enjoying a cup of tea, early bedtime for the kids and some peace and quiet. And a moment to reminisce.

Credit on the photos to my talented friend Jennifer. She does wonderful work.

The days went by fast, but much fun was had. All of my siblings were home at some point for the holiday, and it was wonderful to see them. (For those who don't know, we're about as spread out as any siblings can be while staying in the states. California, Massachusetts, Georgia, Alaska, and in the middle, me, at home in MN.) As usual, the uncles riled up the kids, spoiled them rotten, and left us with memories to tide over until next time. It doesn't get much better than that. (My camera was evidently far from my hand...not many photos to share. And these are SOOC...no cropping or nothin'.)

We went to my uncle and aunt's on the Isaacson side to enjoy Christmas Eve; sang carols, visited, good food...and no pinata. Piece of advice: start a pinata more than four hours before you want to break it...even with the aid of a hair dryer, it won't be ready. In spite of that, the evening was still a good time.

Anyone need a half-finished pinata?



Christmas morning everyone slept in. The kids didn't rise until after 10, and being as we had two parties to attend, I didn't even attempt to make it to church. Instead, we enjoyed a more leisurely *late* morning together. Santa was good to all, and hit the jackpot with Oliver's shotgun. Talk about a little boy's dream come true. He had shot a some bear, deer and a couple eagles within hours...despite Great-Gramma R.'s admonitions that he shouldn't, because "Eagles are a national symbol." No convincing this young hunter.

The afternoon spent with my mom's side of the family, then the evening with Eric's. (Where Elsa was given this adorable doll.) Lots more food, presents and fun. Then all of a sudden, the day was over. Another wonderfully full and enjoyable holiday. And a snowy one as well!


Today saw me straight back to work, and boy was I dragging. But as icing on the cake, I came home to a freshly cleaned kitchen and bathroom, as well as supper on the stove. Num. A good way to bring in the new week!

1 comment:

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Merry Christmas. Wow. I don't realize you really do have siblings all over the states! I got your card today and was so excited. Glad you used the cd!!!

:) Hugs. Think I get to have your sister back now!