Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What would you do with someone with pulseless electrical activity?

Not sure?

Hopefully by tomorrow I will be certifiably sure of what I'm supposed to do, should the situation ever arise.

Or should it come up in Trivial Pursuit.

Either or.

I've been spending much of my free time over the last few weeks studying for the Advanced Cardiac Life Support (what you do beyond basic CPR) class I have to pass in order to keep my job. Today was day one. It went well...none of my 'patients' died. Sometimes, that's all you can hope for.

I still have to use my cheat sheet a little more than I'd like, but hopefully tomorrow will go smoothly, I'll test out well, and life will be good.

Oh, and the answer is: administer oxygen, provide high quality CPR, monitor ECG, start IV, administer epinephrine 1mg followed by atropine 1 mg...just so you know.

No comments: