Sunday, February 28, 2010

And it's the end of the month.

What? Where did that go?

It's been a busy one. I've still been working a lot, which makes the day off busy as well...playing catch up.

Oliver just turned 4 last week, on the 25th...and I didn't even blog about it. Huh. He thoroughly enjoyed every minute of being the birthday boy, which around here usually lasts about a week. We usually have a party with each side of the family.

Birthday one..

And birthday two.
(Note Elsa's hair. It began falling out/breaking off in the front over the last two months...and was starting to look like a mullet. I trimmed it between the two parties. It looks a LOT better!)

The days have been full. Many days I've had a full post written in my head, but it just never got typed up. But onward:

This evening I just got home from Duluth and a fun filled girls weekend. This was the view off our deck, we had a "Bridge view suite."

My comrades.
These are the girls I grew up with (plus one, who's sort of a transplant.) The weekend was planned only in the last few weeks, but eight of us were able to drop everything and head to Duluth, a wonderful city that most of us actually lived in at some point in the years following high school. Now we're all but one married, with many kids between us...and it's already five years since we've all been together. How time flies.

It was a wonderful, rejuvenating weekend, full of reminiscence, good food, shopping, and laughing till our stomachs hurt. A great way to usher in spring...(fingers crossed.)


And now. Do you wanna know the real reason I've been a little slow on the blogging lately?

Because there's only one thing that's really been on my mind lately...and I wasn't ready to share it yet...

We're gonna have another baby!

12 comments:

Pietila Family said...

Congratulations!! And, oh, would I have loved to join you girls! How fun. I just know I missed out. : )

Jan said...

congratulations! hope you are feeling good. A fun weekend in Duluth, it looks like.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Anna! I am so happy for you! Duluth sounded like fun!

Mari H.

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! Looks like a fun weekend in D-town!

joan j said...

Wow! You sure are prompt with the D-town photos! I was going to ask when Elsa got a haircut, then all I had to do was read a little further. It looks cute though!
The pictures on the snow pile are really cute.
P.S. Thanks for putting up a decent pic from Sunday am.:)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! When?

Krista said...

Congrats Anna, that's so exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! When are you due?
Karen

Jill - A Farmer's Wife said...

Congrats! (I actually suspected something when I saw you at my shower. Not sure what made me think that...) When are you due?

Anonymous said...

congratulations ANNA!!!!

Angie M

Anonymous said...

Oohh, good job on the hair cut. It's cute. Looks like Duluth was loads of fun. And congrats!! :)
-Katrina

Amanda J. said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!!