Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hello world! We're awake again!

For the last month, Eric and I have occasionally commented on the tiredness we've been feeling. Eric mostly had a problem waking up in the morning, and I just felt tired and lazy all day if I was at home. We chalked it up to winter blahs, not enough sun/exercise, that sort of thing.

Then last weekend, Eric noticed something. The stove pipe was burned out/rusted through and small amounts of smoke were escaping into the porch. Yikes. Minor carbon monoxide poisoning. Probably the culprit.

This week, we're awake again! Granted today I'm still tired (I worked yesterday evening and didn't get home until 12:30) but it's the normal tired. Not the bone tired, lay around but not really sleep kind of tired I was having. Eric doesn't take getting woke up three or four times to finally roll out of bed. It's a relief to feel normal...and to get something so potentially dangerous taken care of.

We do have a carbon monoxide detector, evidently the amount of CO wasn't enough to set it off...or it needs replacement. The smoke detector that is part of the same thing still works and I haven't made it to a store to pick up a new one.

It's good to be awake.

3 comments:

Jan said...

that's a relief to get that one figured out!!!! glad you are feeling perkier.

Cheryl said...

Scary! I would definately replace your detector. When we had carbon monoxide poisoning in CO, the fire dept and the doctors told us that, if a detector is exposed to small amounts for an extended period of time, they will not work. That is why they should never be kept near a clothes dryer! I guess they lose their ability to detect higher levels of carbon monoxide. Glad you found the problem, and are all ok!

Lori said...

I'm glad you are awake too!!