Monday, January 12, 2009

-39 degrees. I'm looking forward to it.


Or to spring. Yup, pretty sure I'd like spring instead.




Chuckle of the day: Yesterday this goofball noticed my shirt riding up when I sat down, and laughing his head off, poked the skin, saying "Mom! You losing you britches!!!" Here, he's enjoying a Sunday nap.

It was a good weekend! I started Saturday with an ambition to paint a living room wall. I had just set up some babysitting when I got a phone call with an even better option-visiting! Evelyn was in town, so I spent much time this weekend enjoying the company of friends- always a wonderful past time! Some other locals and I also came up with a plan to meet at least once a week to go for walks. A little exercise is always more likely to happen when others are involved. We were planning on starting Tuesday...but with a forecast of highs of -10 and windchills of -39 to -44 or more, I'm not so sure it'd be the wisest idea. Humpf.


****

My brother Steve recently posted some pictures he took over Christmas on his Flickr. I took liberty to steal many of them, and here are some of my favorites. Isn't the lighting (by that I mean not 'flashy') and quality just great? A good camera and talent does wonders:)

Elsa and her Mom

I love the way the light plays off her hair in this one.


This one's just great. I don't think he ever succeeded in blowing it up.
These were just a few...great job catching lots of fun moments, Steve!

4 comments:

Sharyn said...

ooh, we know about losing britches in this house! lol And I love Steve's pictures - that middle on is a gem!

Lois said...

aahh your kids are so darn cute!

spi said...

Yeah some of the pictures turned out really well. I was happy. :)

Ev said...

Yay for visiting cool people!!! And boo for not being able to go walking because of the cold!