Friday, January 23, 2009

Random

Thoughts from this morning:
  • How cold is it gonna be today?
  • How long is it going to stay below zero this time?
  • How long until spring??
  • Why is there spaghetti on the kitchen ceiling?
  • Yum, this coffee sure tastes good with Dove chocolates.
  • ECFE went great this morning...the kids made penguins, then proceeded to fight over them on the way home.
  • How many times will Oliver ask 'what was that??' when we drive over bumps on our VERY bumpy road?
  • I'm guessing many millions.
  • Is it really possible to keep a clean kitchen?
  • How many times do you think I've picked those canned goods up from the living room floor?
  • Why are the bath tub toys always dumped behind the toilet?
  • I sure wish the toilet handle would stay on the toilet so I didn't have to reattach it every time.
  • Ahh, Elsa's taking a nap.
  • She'll probably wake up just in time to leave for work. Perfect.
  • Once again-how long until spring?
And a final piece of advice from a Dove wrapper: Sleep under the stars tonight. Hmm, do you think they meant that when its below zero? Think I'll pass.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

*Probably pretty cold.
*Not sure
*Seems like forever
*I love that I'm not the only one that wonders about things like that!
*Dove chocolates & coffee is the best combination!
*Sorry, not sure what ECFE is, but sounds fun for the kids?
*Gotta love the questions that get the same answer every time
*At least a million. Maybe two.
*Clean kitchen? I think that's an oxymoron.
*At least 25 times. Just today, right?
*Because that little spot behind the toilet is just sucha cool little nook to "hide" things.

Haha! Sorry, I couldn't resist, Anna! : ) Good post for a cold Friday morning... Or.. wait, how did it get to be afternoon already?!!

Anna said...

Sorry, ECFE=Early Childhood Family Education: Preschool. My Mom teaches, so it's fun to go:)

Juliana said...

Hi Anna,
I know you a bit. I'm remembering a fun outing at a (50'sish)diner about an hr. from Menahga w/ you and others. I've recently discovered your blog...gee thanks, another blog to be addicted to. Just kidding, it's a fun hobby. I can much relate to your post today, and others:)4 little ones here. I don't think we quite appreciated our freedom when we were single, hey? But I was just thinking today how I wouldn't trade being a mother for anything. It's a hoot. (you should have seen the pasties I let Ian (5) and Ali (3) make today:) Didn't realize there were so many ways you could wrap crust around the filling....I'll let them eat there own, thankyou very much.
Juliana J.

Anna said...

Juliana-I've seen you comment here and there and wondered if that was you! I much remember that trip-to Brainerd, fun times. And I wholeheartedly agree that one doesn't realize how much freedom you have when you're not a mom. I remember wondering how a person handles never sleeping past 8 or so...now its the norm:)I think we saw you at the Big Travers fish fry the other summer...

Jan said...

you could just draw a couple of stars on the ceiling above your nice warm bed!

joan j said...

Ha! Too funny! I was eating Doves the other night (sorry, still no coffee here) and got the same message and wondered the same thing! My conclusion: way too cold! :) I'm a little jealous about the snowshoes. Sal was going to take me in MI, but that never happened. sigh.