Monday, January 19, 2009

Spur of the moment

Friday afternoon I got a serious itch to try and make it to one cousin's wedding (Brett S. to Chrissy K.) on Saturday. Nothing like being last minute, right? After a little checking around, I was able to switch work around and what-da-ya-know, it worked out! So then, I got to asking a little too much. I called Eric at work, thinking maybe I would leave Friday and make it an overnighter. What'd he say?? "You can't. The fuel pump went out on my truck. You'll have to come pick me up after work." Ah, well. You can't have it all.

So we (sister Trina as well as my kids) made it across a few icy roads Saturday morning, enjoyed the beautiful wedding, great visiting and 50th birthday party for our aunt that followed. The roads were even clear for the drive back that night. That made up for the approximate hour of screaming from Elsa. Like I said-you can't have it all.

Have a good one!

2 comments:

joan j said...

Oh, man. Screaming kids in the car...not fun. I'm glad you had better roads going home. Come longer next time and stay a while (I'd let you stay the weekend if you asked nicely) ;)
My keyboard is finally working so I can type instead of being a stalker the whole time. Watch out world!

Anna said...

Yeah, it was kinda a junky deal. Surprisingly Oliver slept through most of it. When he did wake up, he hid under his blanket and started moaning "that's botherin' me" I'll sure try and make it for over an hour next time:)