Thursday, January 22, 2009

This and that

I had a request a while back for better pictures of the Christmas stockings I made. I took the pictures, but forgot all about them until today. So, a few last Christmas pictures:

Oliver showing them off



I can't decide if the heel to toe part is too long...but once one was made, I figured the second one should probably match. So, there they are.

Eric brought home his old-grown-out-of snowshoes recently. I've been suffering from a lack of exercise and a lack of options for real exercise with two kids in tow. I was skeptical about pulling the kids in the sled while I shoed, but it actually works wonderfully well; especially once you have a packed trail. I think I'm hooked. It's more fun and a better workout than just going for walks all the time, as I can get out into the woods, and am pulling 40 or so pounds of kids.


I must admit I've only gone a few times so far, so it's still a novelty. Hopefully one that sticks and keeps getting me out of the house. I just feel so much better if I've got some exercise under my belt. Not to mention a little more fresh air for the kids is great as well.
Elsa in the sled after out outing. She ends up with a lap full of snow if we make new trails, but it doesn't seem to faze her. She's proudly wearing her new jacket and snowpants set that I found on sale yesterday. It took much hemming and hawing on my part, but I'm glad I bought them. She has always hated the snowsuit she had; not sure why, but she complained every time I put it on her. Today with the new stuff? Not a peep, and she lasted outside longer.

So, along with some laundry, an attempt at cutting Oliver's hair, and the pot of chili on the stove, that's pretty much been my day. Hope yours is going well!

No comments: