Wednesday, April 15, 2009

And time continues to slip by...

With the arrival of real spring-like weather, I don't find myself with nearly as much of a need to escape to the virtual world for reasons of sanity. Although my blog has been suffering, I am not complaining! Spring is growing to be more and more of a favorite season for me; I think because winter is so much more difficult to enjoy with littles in tow, making me VERY ready for the warming weather.

Oliver's new favorite past time is walking the mile down the road to the creek. It is in full force, and a little boy's-and girl's-paradise. The local stick and rock population quivers when we come, because they know they're bound for colder waters. The other day, after being there for well over an hour I suggested we head home. In his usual fashion, he spread his arms wide, and full of gusto said, "No, I stay here ALL DAY." Ah well. There are worse ways to spend an afternoon.

I got a great deal on fishing rods for the kids while shopping the other day-over 50% off! I was slightly disappointed when they turned out to be full sized, not the shorter, less hazardous ones. Just remind me to duck. On a regular basis. (Good thing for plastic fishies in place of hooks...)

And, although I kinda missed Easter on here, I couldn't resist sharing my rockstar. Ain't that a great one? Poor girl was sick all weekend, up most of Easter-eve night with horrible gas pains. She deserved those glasses:)

Enjoy spring!

No comments: