Thursday, April 23, 2009

What a difference...

Yesterday set record highs for this time of year. Today? Brr. It hasn't hit 50 yet. Oh well, as long as that 's' word doesn't come into the forecast, we'll take it. (Poor souls in the UP who had a snow day earlier this week...yuck.)

This spring marks the first warm season of our marriage in which I haven't either had a relatively small baby or been pregnant. And let me tell you, I'm loving the freedom that comes with that. Now lets just see if I actually succeed in getting some of these yard and gardening projects done...

Yesterday the kids and I started to clean up the area where we cut firewood all winter. Wow. Judging by the foot or so of sawdust in many places, we burned a lot of wood. Our house is far from energy efficient, so it's an extra good thing we can burn wood. Anyhow, I enjoyed it. Sunshine, warmth. Sometimes it just feels good to be doing something.

Hopefully we'll get back to a little warmer, less windy weather and the progress can continue!

2 comments:

Ev said...

Yeah, I love not being pregnant in the spring. Makes it way easier to travel.... ;)

Anna said...

Ha. You funny.