Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Christmas Tree in March

A Christmas Tree in March. A Christmas Tree in March. I love it. Know why?

If I ever feel a little behind, from now on I can console myself that I don't have a Christmas tree up in March.

I'm a little uninspired, so here ya go:
  • All you children's book readers: Check out Mo Willems. Oliver got a few from a thoughtful Unc for his birthday, and they're a nice change, written in a fun style, and silly. Titles include "Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus" and "There's a Bird On Your Head." A bonus for tired readers: Few words per page! *That's what he's inspecting in this picture*
  • That birthday boy's two week long birthday might finally be over...He enjoyed it thoroughly.
  • After finishing those children's books, check out James Patterson's "4th of July" if you're looking for a good read.
  • For any locals: the grocery store in PR is having a blowout sale this week-starting Sunday with 10% and increasing to 20% off STORE WIDE as they prepare to move to their new premises. Get out and take advantage! (Since I know you're all tightwads, like me~heh) Oh, and they will be closed for the beginning of next week...
  • The past week held warmth and puddles, cold and snow, extra work shifts (nights, ug) and all around busyness.
  • But this week promises to be better, number one reason: no extra work shifts, but even better:
  • A kid-free, dress-and-other shopping weekend with my newly engaged sister and others! Yahoo!
And that's about it-Have a great week!

3 comments:

spi said...

I am glad to see that Oliver is enjoying the books. I am sure they will get all kinds of use.

I will have to read them to him when I am home for the wedding. :)

joan j said...

Have fun dress shopping, that would be a fun bunch to go with.
Your book suggestion came at a perfect time. I was just thinking I NEED to go to the library. Whether it has to do with getting out of the house or not, I'm not real sure. :) Have you ever read any Diane Chamberlain books? They're not bad.

Anonymous said...

I love books by Bill Peet to read to kids. He is very creative as the story is completely in rhyming words but very cute stories.