Friday, March 6, 2009

Rejuvenated!

Ahh. I feel human again. This week has been a little-okay, I admit it, a lot-exasperating around here. The terrible twos? Frankly, they've got nuttin' on the sassy threes. And teething is just plain for the birds. Ug.

It's amazing what a little walk followed by coffee with a couple friends can do for a person. Even if the coffee is only gourmet Mc-java. We seriously need a real restaurant open later around here. This morning, in spite of a little lack of sleep, I don't feel like the rope I was clinging to so desperately is gonna ravel right out of my fingers.

This morning, I woke with a renewed sense of calmness, and the two cherubs have been much more pleasant. Ahh.

And that weekend trip to Duluth is only a day away. I just might survive until spring!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Three year olds are much more difficult than two year olds, in my opinon as well. Glad you got some much needed time out with friends! Enjoy your trip to Duluth!

Anonymous said...

i agree about the three's----what's the fixation on two's??
you heading to duluth with sistas?
~ann b.

Anonymous said...

It's definitely terrible two's AND three's. Why does no one tell us this...? All we ever hear about is the two's! Enjoy your trip!

Anna said...

Glad that I'm not the only one with a three year old who can be a terror at times...and then sweet as honey the next. Today went great. I'd love to know the difference in the two days so I can always have the good ones:) ha

Ann-going up with my mom and Amanda R, meeting Trina and Lois H. to go dress shopping and what not. Should be lots of fun!

Megan said...

I agree with three! Agh! Sassy is definetly the right word to use. :) Aaron and I are headed to Ashland in two weeks with NO kids. I am very much awaiting the break. Enjoy your trip.

joan j said...

Hey Ikers! How did D-town treat you? Find anything? That sounds so, so fun to do something out of the norm. Jealous. Even a Mc-java sounds exciting right now! Sad, huh?