Monday, March 23, 2009

Floods to rival the records.

While at our house we were enjoying a newly uncovered sandbox (or sandbucket, as Oliver calls it), the quick melt that has hit the area is not looking good for others. It's amazing how a community pulls together when something like this comes up-the Fargo-Moorehead area is sandbagging around the clock. While you feel for those dealing with an impending disaster, one can't help but say "whew, glad we live over here."

In other random area news, my alma-matter's boy's basketball team made it to the state tournament for the first time in school history. Kinda exciting for a small town school!

Other than those tid-bits, there's nothing but gray skies and rain. It must be putting a fog on my brain, because I'm completely uninspired. Stay dry!

2 comments:

joan j said...

aila got her first mail today! Thank you! I love it! Did you make it? It perfect, I love pink and brown. the shirt is super cute too. And her big brothers were thrilled with the treats, especially when they got to eat them before lunch! Tell Oliver and Elsa thank you. :)

Anna said...

You're welcome, glad you like it:) I did make it, I love those blankets, they're so easy to make, and awesome to use! (glad I spelled Aila's name right too..I wasn't 100% sure when I sent it-haha!)