Monday, March 30, 2009

We're a little 'goopy,' how 'bout you?

I haven't had a whole lot of blogging inspiration lately, so I guess that leaves me with some tidbits:

  • Over the last week, three of the four roads to get to our house have been completely flooded. We've been thisclose to being flooded in. That woulda been a new excuse for a mini-stay-at-home-vacation...
  • In other words, it's kinda muddy. So I got these. Purple mud boots. They make me smile. (and splash right through the puddles with the best of the three year olds.)
  • Friday the hubby and I were able to go on a date. Enjoyable. I highly recommend one (a date, I mean.) Preferably more often than the once-a-year that we seem to make it.
  • After a LONG time of working on this machine in his spare time, the hubby finally drove it home and put it to work last week. Unfortunately...
  • This was the result after the second or third use. Oops. New radiator hose is in order...
  • This brings me to a thought: I've yet to share any sawmill pictures and whatnot on here. Look for a post about that in the near future.
  • We finally got a few (but only a few) logs delivered for that sawmill for the first time since December. Yay!
  • The recent melting-although it hasn't been all that warm-has me itching for spring to really arrive so we can get to work on a new garden spot, cleaning up the blueberry patch, and many other outdoor things.
  • Unfortunately, more snow may be on the way...the story of our life here in MN.
  • Some of my rellies are in town this week, which usually makes for some enjoyable visiting!
And: Goopy=goofy in Oliverspeak. So at our house, we're all a little goopy.

2 comments:

joan j said...

What in the world is that thing?! I makes me laugh, it looks like a stubby little tractor!
We have survived the mud here--maybe it hasn't come yet, I don't know. But it's been bearable anyway. I like your purple rubs, mine are black with white polka-dots :)

Anna said...

It's a Hough Payloader...it is kinda funny looking, isn't it? But it sure can lift, which is what counts around here:) Plus the price was right...although it took E a while to get it functioning.