Monday, March 9, 2009

Good thing I went to Duluth, cuz there's a blizzard on the way

If we hadn't gone, I think tomorrow would see me headed for the crazy farm! A March blizzard. Yuck.

The weekend was a treat. Two whole days of adult conversation. Many trips in and out of the car, and I only had to buckle myself in. Eating whole meals without getting up from the table. A hot tub. The only whiny voice being the weird lady at the one bridal store, telling me "It's okay." over and over as I was trying to hand her a broken dress I found. Um, so do you want this thing, or not??

The shopping was very successful-Katrina found a beautiful dress, we chose patterns and material and are going to have our bridesmaid's dresses made. It'll save us about 50% of what we would have paid for the same general thing at the bridal store! I also found some pretty good deals on a little revamp of my 'professional wear' for all those interviews I plan on having in the near future...as well as some other treats for myself and the hubby. It was good.

We bumped into a cousin of ours while wandering the mall, so it was an unexpected treat to go visit her family for supper on Saturday. Ever seen a dog running on a treadmill? I now can say that I have. heh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

jealous, but glad you all had a good time.

Anonymous said...

glad you had fun. glad katrina found a dress.
~ann b.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! What a treat.