Thursday, February 12, 2009

Beware:

A bottomless pit and a monkeyclimber reside at this house.

The elder no more than climbed down from the lunch table (which, I might add, he ate quite well) walked into the living room, turned around, came back, and asked for a snack. I held out for two hours. And since then he's had a fig newton bar, numerous carrots, a little bit of green apple pop, multiple saltine crackers, some tea....

This morning, I pulled out the next size of clothes for that one. Must be growing or something.

The other spent the whole morning checking the top surface of everything she could. The main goal was simply to go up. Luckily, I was able to revive my contacts after she got done dumping them on the floor...

She's 16 months old, and I can only imagine how peaceful it would be if she hadn't started walking half her life ago already. She hasn't stopped since. Scolding her barely phases her, she just smiles and trundles along her merry way, hauling along whatever might come in handy for climbing upwards....totes, chairs, stools, you name it.

It's snowing. Again. *sigh* If you're looking for me, I might be busy. Clinging to my last bits of sanity. For dear life.

4 comments:

joan j said...

Maybe it was the day. I was after my kids all day long. There happened to be a snowstorm in their bedroom that consisted of the contents from the (full) paper shredder, paint from the freshly painted bench all over some clothes, the backing of the baby quilt sewed on wrong because someone decided to walk over it and twist it. Then I escaped to sewing club and when I got home there was a broken vase, a broken butter dish, and a broken soap dispenser in the garbage. Apparently it didn't quit when I left. :)

Anna said...

As I clean peanut butter off my mouse and the kids are bouncing on the couch-having removed the cushions, I'm starting to think it's the whole darn month.

Glad to hear mine aren't the only ones going a little crazy. Thank goodness for sewing club!!

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Anna, you have such a great way of storytelling! Your post made me laugh. (Much needed laughter, btw)
:) Have a good weekend.

Cheryl said...

Which day was the full moon? My MIL claims that its 4 days before and after when people are crazy. Leah has been on the defiant side too, but not as bad as there or Joans. Thanks for the chuckle, I'm glad someone else has those kind of days!