Sunday, February 1, 2009


So, I just finished drying some tears and tucking my boy back in. He listens to a Robin Hood book on tape nightly while falling asleep, and tonight was no different. But when I heard the tape click off, he started crying. And not the 'delay sleep as long as possible' type, but true sadness, tears and all. Confused, I asked what was wrong. He told me "Robin Hood all done."

Now, we have this rule, very stringent, ONE book on tape per night. A while back, it was out of control, he'd ask for one over and over. So, I was ready to put my foot down. Glad I didn't. I told him he'd been really good this evening, so he could listen to it again. And what-da-ya-know, the volume was turned off...he didn't hear a thing the first time. Huh.

So, this big long story leads me to ask: just how long do you think he'd have lain there waiting if it hadn't clicked off??? I mean, the sense of time just isn't there! Being told 'just a minute' must be so abstract to little kids. I tend to forget that minutes can really seem like hours and hours like minutes. Guess this is another one of those times that I'd love to know just what he's thinking.

Those stickers came in the mail the other day. Hours of free entertainment.

No comments: