Thursday, February 5, 2009

Two slippers, swimtrunks and a hat.

What do those items have in common? They all mysteriously migrated out of the thrift store donation bag, and managed to stay here. Interesting.

It's been an absolutely beautiful day here today. Somewhere around thirty degrees, sunny and warm! The kids and I had a great snowshoe trek into the woods, they took good naps, then we made that trip to drop off those thrift store clothes and ran by the flooring store to pick up a remnant piece of vinyl for my future counter top. Fancy, I know. But in this house, for $10 and functional, you can't go wrong! And, the vinyl is even kinda cute. Plan stands to be put into motion this weekend.

Snowshoeing was a good workout and fun today, as the snow is hard packed now and it doesn't take a whole lot of effort to pull them. And, I rigged up this ingenious harness for pulling: put on the baby front/back pack the back way and loop the sled rope through it. Voila, a nicely padded, well strapped-on, comfortable harness that pulls equally on all sides! Sometimes, I surprise myself with these grand ideas.

Hope you were able to get out and enjoy the day today!

2 comments:

joan j said...

Whoa! You just up and change everything here! I like it. :) The dots suit you. I'm curious; how far do you go when you snowshoe? I like the cleverness of the pack!
It was beautiful (still is) out here today, so I took the boys outside. And pulled them in the sled for about 10ft and decided that was far enough! Maybe I'll try it again in a few weeks when I really am ready to have this baby!

Anna said...

So, the dots suit me, hey?? I'll assume that's a good thing. They'll work for now:)
We snowshoed about half of a loop around the 40 acres we live on. I wanted to continue, and make it a whole loop, but Elsa's doesn't like when I'm breaking new trail, cuz it gets kinda tippy for her, so we ended up turning around and coming home on old trail. I can imagine pulling them with a belly would be a little more difficult!