Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday rolls around

And I end up at work. The morning was just getting started, I had just begun to crack the eggs for Pannakukku and the phone rang. A nurse was sick, and a house needed covering-could I do it? I moaned. I groaned. I said, "am I the only one left??" I guess so, because here I am.

So much for church and a round of wallyball later today. Humpf.

On the other hand, the house was descending into a state of chaos the longer I stayed around. Oliver didn't make it to the potty in time, Elsa was happy only if I held her. Eric made the mistake of mentioning that I was leaving for work half an hour before I did, so the rest of the time Oliver was about one foot away, worried that he wouldn't get his hug before I left.

But, the Pannakukku sure was yummy.

Saturday was what I would call a productive day. We got the afore mentioned kitchen 'remodel' done, and I think it's going to be as great as I hoped. It did turn out different than I pictured, but that's usually the case in this place. We didn't end up using the plywood covered with vinyl I had envisioned, Eric's dad had an old solid wood door we used for the countertop. Much more sturdy. (Anyone need a 3x9 piece of linoleum?) I also got the freezers defrosted and a lot of decluttering done in the process. There's still some figuring to do, all that comes with the territory of a new system. So far, this change is good.

No pictures yet, just haven't gotten there. Funny aside: Elsa slept through the 3 hour project, and when she woke up she walked into the kitchen, peered around, then went over to the fridge started patting it and chuckling. 'Hmm,' she was thinking, 'knew something was different!'

I even got a chance to go visit a few out of town friends. All in all, Saturday was good.

1 comment:

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

What a great call to get :(.
Yay for a productive weekend, though despite the interruption!